August 19, 2009

On Waking from a Dream

to Andrew


I haven't dreamed of you for months--
Perhaps this is my altitude sickness,
To see your infectious, beloved smile in the night
And to think that you're happy to see me, too.

I knew this morning, waking up,
That when I strip everything else away--
All my daydreams, all my ambition, and everyone else--
That you are the only man I've ever loved.

Can you tell me why I can't stop these dreams?
Why I think of you at every turn--
Literally--and at every stop?
It takes my breath away.

How I would love to see your smile, here, now,
Here at eleven thousand feet
Where it could only add to the beauty
And make all my pain melt away.

2 comments:

  1. Nice writing Lea! You're a natural...this seems like real heartfelt stuff... Keep it up.

    Jerry Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you truly love me! Not this Andrew dude! Or at least baby Leah! ;) Good work girl!

    ReplyDelete