July 21, 2009

Little Sister (2004)

Because you laugh at the things I don't say
Because I smile at the things you do
Because you tell me your stories
And because you listen to mine
Because of that strange quality about you
That is innocence and understanding together
Because of the gap in our ages
That is apparent and forgotten all at the same time
Because you grab my arm when you get scared
Because you are scared of everything
Because I feel as if I should protect you
And because you accept the protection
Because you've learned and grown so much since I've known you
And because it hasn't changed you into someone I don't know
Because we laugh and cry together
Because we dance and sing together
Because you are the little sister I never had
You know I love you, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment